No products in the basket.
About Warlingham Wines
Warlingham Wines is a family run business, started by John Tisshaw in 2009 who had learnt his love of wine in those highly fashionable 70‘s with such wines as Blue Nun, Black Tower and Golden October and when the height of decadence was Matias Rose (still not a bad wine!). At this time John was a young policeman in London with a young family and value for money was all important and still remains so. A tremendous stride forward for his love of wine came with the discovery of a private individual importing South African Wines into the St James’s part of London. Due to the political climate in South Africa and the sanctions imposed, wines from this country were not readily available so prices were considerably cheaper for
wines of this quality. Consequently John’s love of wine and his wine knowledge blossomed with some great wines and support.
Following a riot John left the police moving into Local and Central Government work. Freed from the shackles of the police rules on business ownership Warlingham Wines started as an embryo business, really just helping people find the right wines for their occasions or to enjoy. This then became a substantial business.
John was joined by his wife in 2012. Samantha now manages the company finances as part of her company, KMBS Accounts Ltd. Sam is often seen running the stall at events and Farmers Markets. Her parents Kathy and Ray can often be found serving wine at such events, these events always seem more of a social event than work! Come and see us for a chat and a glass of something.
We wanted to make a difference in the wine business and still stick to our principles, great wines at great prices that we can pass on to our customers. We believe that fantastic advice and customer service should be a given but our last goal is to make the fine wine business more accessible. People often complain that ‘only posh people sell posh wine’! Well I don’t think that we are posh but we do sell posh wine, we know what we are talking about and are happy to share our knowledge.
‘We do not sell cheap wine, we sell great wine cheaply.’
We are wine lovers first and then a wine business,therefore we are very customer focused and really to like to get to know our customers. We therefore offer a range of services to suit your needs:
- Private Clients – If you like the idea of having a wine man pop around your house to try a few bottles and allow you to order a few cases of decent wine to keep you stocked up, even if a few friends drop around unexpectedly you will not found wanting! We can also suggest wines to suit your likes and dislikes, so you never need to buy a bottle you are not keen on.
- Fancy a wine event? We can provide a wine evening for you and your friends or customers, for private or corporate clients we can bespoke a fun evening for your event. If you want something a bit special we can bring along one of our Chefs for a truly memorable foodie event with a special tasting menu and a flight of wine.
- Anyone for a dinner party? As we work with some great Chef’s you may fancy having a few friends round for a fantastic dinner with a perfectly matched flight of wine please let us know. Or if you have clients that need to be impressed we can do this at the office. Lunch or dinner can be a fantastic experience and your creditability will really grow.
- Has someone done you a real favour or are you celebrating, we can do Corporate Gifts to match your budget but don’t tell the recipient what good value we are, they do not need to know!
- Or we can just offer great advice!
What we can guarantee with Warlingham Wines is fantastic service and a real passion to provide you with the very best advice and will no doubt be taking your 1st step to becoming a friend, this is where most customers find themselves!
We are so confident in our wines that if you do not like your wines we will give you your money back.
What people say about us:
Thank you for your swift delivery of my red and white wines. I purchased this wine for family and friends as thank you gifts, The recipients thoroughly enjoyed their presents and I received some great compliments for the wine too! Warlingham Wines offers a very professional service, great quality and respectable prices.
Miss R. Claxton
We wanted to record our thanks for the wonderful quality wines we have recently purchased from Warlingham Wines. To date we have tried two mixed cases and the quality of the wine has been outstanding and so much better than anything that we have bought from a supermarket, for about the same money. This coupled with the knowledge and helpful advice, makes for a winning combination. Suffice to say we have cancelled our subscriptions to Naked and Virgin Wines!
Norfolk Business Consultants Ltd.